History of the Institution
Pre-Primary Education is a necessary for children below 5 years, to satisfy the needs of the Public. The S.R.G.D.S. Nursery and Primary School was started on 14th November 1966 as Sevasramam Kanakammal Bala Vidhyalayam by Srimathi Kanakammal Balakrishnan with classess LKG to V Srilasri Ramanatha Gnana Desika Swamigal of Kovilur Madalayam with his endeavour blessed this school on chacha Nehruʼs Birthday.
His holiness streamlined the institution for the betterment of the children with the assistance of the school committee. Though his Holiness is not in our midst now, we are really grateful to the departed soul to have gifted this institution for the general public. With in a span of 5 decades the school has well established in Tiruvannamalai District focusing on quality of “Educational and Discipline”.
The S.R.G.D.S. Matric Hr. Sec. School is recognized from std LKG to XII by the Director of School Education, Chennai-6.
“We want that education by which character is formed,
strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by
which one can stand on oneʼs own legs. The end of all
education all-round that we want” - Swami Vivekananda.
Pupils are Prepared for the Matriculation Examination from standard I to X and for the Higher Secondary Examination of standard XI and XII who are eligible for admission to the Degree or Professional course of any university. English is the only medium of language in all standards. The school year commences from June to September, October to December and January to May.
Students must be punctual and have to be in the school by
7.30 am and 9.00 am.
2. Every student must bring the diary to the school daily and preserve it with care.
3. Students should take care of the school property, if anything is damaged it should be set right at the expense of the student.
4. Must be regular to school.
5. Students must come in neat uniform, shoes and a clean hanky.
6. Students Must bring their lunch in the morning itself.
7. Must obey the rules and regulation of the school.
Parents are requested to make the child feel that he/she is
a student of Prestigious institution.
2. Parents or guardian should see that their children are clean
and tidy and their hair is well trimmed and neatly combed.
3. Parents should go through the school diary daily and sign it.
4. Should guide the children to learn their daily lessons.
5. Books, Notebooks, Tiffen Boxes and other belongings if any, should bear the name of the child.
The school reserves its right to dismiss a student on the grounds of misbehaviour, insubordination and violation of school rules